Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hello Lovely-My Favorite White Hutch

One of my favorite pieces of furniture is this white hutch.
It used to be in my kitchen but shortly after I bought my house I moved it to the dining room.
White Hutch
 
 
There are so many aspects of it that make me love it so much like the bead board detailing on the lower cabinets, its shiny silver knobs, the moldings around the base, its glass shelves, and then there is its size.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This hutch looks like a basic sized hutch but it holds SO much inside!
 
It is the right depth and width for all of my goodies like my collection of ironstone pitchers and white hobnail milk glass.
 
 


Pin It 
I have collected several white ironstone pitchers and plates since I began blogging but only have a few of the pitchers displayed in my hutch.
 
Here is one of my favorite ironstone pieces. Its this white creamer/pitcher that has aged over time.
 
I found this little guy on a whim when I wasn't even looking for ironstone and I love it!
 
 
 
 
Same with this collection of white hobnail milk glass.
You can read the story about this collection HERE.
 
I found some really unique pieces like this little salt and pepper shaker set and the butter dish.
 
The hutch holds all of these pieces perfectly and keeps them organized and clean.
 
 


Then on top of the hutch I have a display of various pieces like this old basket, a jadeite colored pitcher and a some dried hydrangeas from my neighbors yard.

 
Pin It
 Have you heard of Group Dealz?
 
I got this chicken wire basket (it was one in the set of three) during one of their daily deals.
 
I used the large basket from the set to hold more dried hydrangeas and I love how versatile these baskets are.
 
 This hutch holds so much that I am able to store all of my gazillion wine and martini glasses in it, along with the ironstone and milk glass and I would be lost without it!
 
If you are in the market for some kitchen/dining room storage I highly recommend purchasing a white hutch/cabinet.
 
There are so many styles and sizes that you can't go wrong!
 
Because they are white, they look great with almost any color of walls and style of home, and really show off your collections against the white background.
 
 
Here is one from Ballard Designs that I discovered in their latest catalog that I also love.
 
 
Full Chilton Curved Corner Cabinet
(Ballard Designs)
 
Ok, now for my secret.
 
My green dining room is about to get a makeover.
Its first makeover since moving in EIGHT years ago!
Where has time gone?! (yikes!)
 
Well, for my friends and family reading this I know you will be shocked to see me say good-bye to the green, but after eight years it is time for a change and I can't wait to show you what I have in store for this room!
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
 
Jennifer



 Linking Up To These Great Parties:
 


 2013 Shab Friday logo504 Mainshop with usTPB Party Bunch Link Up... Every Friday to Sunday link up your projects over at  theidearoom.net , thirtyhandmadedays.com , whipperberry.com or the36thavenue.com Four bloggers = ONE BIG PARTY! We can't wait to see your projects!2014 Link Party GraphicThe Shabby NestLiz Marie Blog

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.