Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Shelf Makeover

 
 
Hello friends! Its been a while since I talked about our master bedroom makeover, so I want to update you on the latest addition to the makeover.
 
As most of you know, this spring our master bedroom got a makeover, starting with paint. You can read about that HERE.
 
Since then, I have added this bedding, and now I finished some wall art that I want to share with you.
 
Before I do, let me remind everyone, including myself that redecorating a room does not have to cost a lot.
 
I hear so many people actually put off renovating a room because they THINK they will need to spend a lot of money on new accessories and wall art.
 
And the truth is...you do NOT have to spend a lot of money to change the look of a space.
 
You just need some creativity and a few materials to change what you already have!
 
So, I took my own advice and instead of buying new decor I decided to shop around the house and use things I already had, and wouldn't you know it, deep in the basement, buried in a box all the way in the back, was this old shelf.
 
 
 
Tin Shelf in Master Bedroom
 
 
 
I used to accessorize a lot with the color Red but I have now shifted to using more black and white accents, so I decided this shelf was THE perfect piece to add to our bedroom and all it needed was a little refreshing with paint!  
 
 
 
Below is a picture of the BEFORE shot
 
 
(yes it was taken outside so I apologize for the shadows on the picture).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yep, that's a red shelf alright!
 
...but its nothing a can of white spray paint can't change!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then after a few coats of flat white paint she now looks like this:
 




 
 
 
 
And for accessories, I used a blue mason jar that I had,
(don't you just LOVE those special edition blue mason jars)
and a canvas print I made using a portrait of Mr.Chaos and I,
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
and grouped it with the
bead board and boxwood wreath wall art I showed you earlier.
   
 

 
 
 
So now my basement is free of a shelf that was taking up space  and collecting dust, and my master bedroom now showcases it the way it was meant to be shown!
 
 
 
 
 Pin It
 
I love the way it turned out and all it took was a can of spray paint!
 
 
 
So the next time you are hesitant about revamping an outdated space, keep in mind that a can of paint goes a long way and allows you to continue enjoying the decor you once loved by giving it a second chance at life!
 
 
Jennifer
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 


Linking up to these great parties:


livelaughlinky 250x250StoneGable
Made in a DayFrench Country CottagePrettyThingsPhotobucketSummer Inspiration at Town and Country Living

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.